I am a grants professional with 10 years of nonprofit experience. I got my start in nonprofits as an AmeriCorps member working at a Virginia food bank, and most recently served as Sr. Grants Manager at Boys & Girls Clubs of King County. I have a strong knowledge of funders in the region having secured millions in funding for Puget Sound communities from a network of local governments, foundations, and corporations. I am also experienced in developing successful proposals for Federal funding from the US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Housing and Urban Development, US Department of Justice, and US Department of Labor.
My grant writing principles:
- Partnership –We are in this journey together. I work in partnership and collaboration with you.
- Growth – Your work with communities is dynamic and ever-evolving, and my work with you should reflect this same growth. I welcome your honest feedback.
- Clarity – Grants are complex! I will help break down the steps to bring greater clarity to the process.
- Quality – I am committed to excellence and pay attention to the details.
- Authenticity – I work to authentically share your story and your community’s story, not someone else’s version.I look forward to partnering with you!
Fun facts about Yvette:
- I am biracial—half Taiwanese and half white.
- My first job was as a ballet dancer. You can still find me taking dance classes at studios around town.