Emerging Leader Free Fridays
- Emerging Leader Free Fridays
Emerging Leader Free Fridays are free, collaborative consultations.
They're one way the Ostara Group gives back to our community.
Ostara’s Free Fridays help build leadership in the fundraising community by exclusively serving new development professionals. There are so many workers entering the sector who learn on the job, often without adequate support or training. We help first-timers identify their needs, solve problems, and generate ideas that support their nonprofit’s mission, their personal career goals, and the sector as a whole.
Ostara's consultants provide years of experience in the field, and an understanding ear to help you address your most pressing issues. You will meet simultaneously with two of our team members to discuss questions, challenges, and topics that you bring to your session.
NEW! Ostara now offers three types of Free Fridays:
- General Fundraising – a session for any and all topics related to fundraising.
- Individual Giving – a session focused on topics such as donor relationships, annual appeals, fundraising events, individual campaign strategies, and more.
- Grants – a session focused on topics such as grant research, foundation and corporate funder relationships, grant planning, writing, reporting, and more.
When you sign up for a Free Friday for Individual Giving or Grants, you will have the opportunity to talk more in depth with two of our consultants who specialize in the respective focus area. If you are unsure about what you would like to discuss, we encourage you to sign up for a Free Friday for General Fundraising.
Possible topics include:
- Building a Development Plan
- Grant writing, research, and strategy
- Prospect identification
- Direct mail letter writing and segmentation
- Online donor engagement
- Campaign strategy
- Building a major gifts strategy
- Donor communication essentials
- Donor stewardship
- Engaging a board in fundraising
- Fundraising metrics
- How data tells a story
- Budget support
- Database management
- Management coaching
- Integrating program and fundraising staff
- ...and more!
Who can sign up:
- First time development professionals
- First time development directors
- First time fundraisers no matter what the job title
- Anyone who works at a nonprofit and considers themselves new to fundraising
How it works:
- Sign up for a session using the form below. All sessions are labeled by type - General Fundraising, Individual Giving, and Grants. Be sure to select the session type that matches your agenda.
- Please do not select a session that is labeled “BOOKED.”
- You will receive a confirmation email on the Monday before your session. You must respond to this confirmation within 24 hours or we will give your spot to someone else.
Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions. We look forward to seeing you!