Emerging Leader Free Fridays are free, collaborative consultations.
They're one way the Ostara Group gives back to our community.
In 2017, Ostara’s Free Fridays will focus on building leadership in the fundraising community, by exclusively serving new development professionals. There are so many workers entering the sector who learn on the job, often without adequate support or training. We want to make ourselves available to these first-timers to help address their needs, solve problems, and generate ideas that support their nonprofit’s work, their long term career goals, and the sector as a whole.
Ostara's consultants provide years of experience in the field and an understanding ear to help you address your most pressing issues. You will meet simultaneously with two of our team members – a specialist in individual giving, and a specialist in grants. This way, we can have a discussion about any aspect of fundraising, large or small, and connect it to related issues to build a well aligned approach.
Possible topics include:
- Building a Development Plan
- Grant writing, research, and strategy
- Prospect identification
- Direct mail letter writing and segmentation
- Online donor engagement
- Campaign strategy
- Building a major gifts strategy
- Donor communication essentials
- Donor stewardship
- Engaging a board in fundraising
- Fundraising metrics
- How data tells a story
- Budget support
- Database management
- Management coaching
- Integrating program and fundraising staff
- ...and more!
Who can sign up:
- First time development professionals
- First time development directors
- First time fundraisers no matter what the job title
- Anyone who considers themselves new to fundraising
How it works:
- Sign up for a slot using the form below. Please do not choose a time slot that is labeled as "BOOKED."
- You will receive a confirmation email on the Monday before your slot. You must respond to this confirmation within 24 hours or we will give your spot to someone else.
Please contact email@example.com
with any additional questions. We look forward to seeing you!